ELECTORAL LITERACY CLUB
ELC stands for Electoral Literacy Club. This club is a mandatory academic club which functions based on the rules stipulated by Government of Tamil Nadu. The primary objective of the club is sensitizing student community about democratic rights which includes casting votes in elections . We conduct mock polling activity to give the experience based learning of the democratic setup. We also conduct cartoon drawing, debates, mock parliaments, elocution, essay writing and other programmes which create an awareness regarding electoral procedures.
Originating in integrated civic and voter education and electoral participation right to make its utmost contribution to have an active democratic citizenry from a young age.
- To educate the targeted populations about voter registration, electoral process and related matters through hands on experience
- To familiarize the targeted populations with EVM and VVPAT and to educate them about robustness of EVM and integrity of the electoral process using EVMs
- To help the target audience understand the value of their vote to ensure that they exercise their suffrage right in a confident, comfortable and ethical manner
- To harness the potential of ELC members for carrying the electoral literacy in communities
- To facilitate voter registration for its eligible members who are not yet registered
- To develop a culture of electoral participation and maximize the informed and ethical voting and follow the principle ‘Every vote counts’ and ‘No Voter to be Left Behind’
Dr. T. RUBINI.
- Prof. G. Deepa
- Dr. P. Libia
INAUGURATION OF ELECTORAL LITERACY CLUB
The Electoral Literacy Club had been inaugurated in the current academic year 2018-2019 by the chief guest Rtn. Lakshmi Kruthivasan -Leadership Trainer on 23rd July 2018.
General public and 500 students have enthusiastically participated in Voting Awareness Rally on 02.03.2019 held at Avadi Municipality. Chief Guest: Tmt. Maheswari Ravikumar, District Collector, Thiruvallur
On 19th September 2018 the ‘Youth Parliament’ had been inaugurated.
VOTER ID REGISTRATION CAMP