Dr. N. Rajendra Naidu, M.Com., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Centre for Research & Development
‘Centre for Research & Development’ has been established with the aim of promoting research and research related activities in the college both from the point of view of students and staff.
- To inculcate research culture in the institution
- To provide information regarding research grants and funding agencies
- To conduct awareness programmes / workshops on research related activities
- To provide information regarding UGC funding
- To encourage the faculty to prepare major & minor research project proposals
- To give a thrust for research publication and paper presentation in conferences and seminars
- To facilitate the faculty to obtain guideship from various Universities and Colleges
- To monitor ongoing research projects in the institution
- To provide external research library facility
To facilitate conduct of National and International Conferences
Although research is not compulsory for U.G & P.G students, our college introduced basic research for the benefit of students.
Basic Research for Students
Research takes many forms depending upon the ‘major’ chosen. There are different approaches to research. Some of these include:
- Library searches/Attending workshops/ Awareness programmes
- Surveys and Interviews
- Fieldwork & data collection
- Creative writing
- Creative Computer programming
- Presenting papers in seminars and conferences
Think about your involvement in research as a progression to your education and future career. The centre for Research & Development provides information on educational programmes and workshops to help you in pursuing basic research.
- One Day Faculty Development Programme on Benchmarking Practices in Higher Education On 10.06.2017 Sri B.S.Ponmudiraj, Deputy Adviser, NAAC, Bengaluru.Two Day Workshop on Thesis Writing
- Faculty Development Programme on Role of a Teacher in Modern Times & How to become a World Class Teacher
- National conference on Climate change, Vulnerabilities and Livelihood Resilience: Growing Concerns and Stiffening Challenges
- ‘Research and its Impact’ Session to Staff Members
- Faculty Development Programme on ‘Excellence in Teaching – Learning Process
- Basics of Research to Students
- Technique of Article Writing in Research Journals
- Two Day International Conference on Contemporary Developments in Business
- Two Day International Conference on Cyber Criminology, Digital Forensics & Information Security
- Advance Faculty Empowerment Programme for Teaching Staff.
- One Day Workshop for Commerce and Management Faculty of Colleges in Tiruvallur District on ‘ Current Trends in Commerce Education’.
- Two Day Workshop for Science Faculty Development Programme on MATLAB and its Applications.
- One Day Workshop for Faculty Members & Research scholars of Colleges in Tamil Nadu on ‘Fundamentals of Thesis Writing’.
- A three day Faculty orientation and Development workshop.
- Students teaching in Schools “Under College Social Responsibility”.
- Faculty Development Programme at Yelagiri Hills.
UGC Minor Research
UGC Minor Research proposal of Prof. P.Arivazhagan, Department of PG Commerce on the title ‘A study on impact of micro finance on empowerment of poor women with reference to Thiruvallur District‘ has been sent to the UGC Regional Office, Hyderabad.
One day workshop on ‘Recent Trends in Information Technology’.
An Interactive meeting for “Research Article Writing”.
An awareness programme was conducted for students interested in “Basic Research”.
Interactive Meeting on Research.
Inauguration of Centre for Research & Development
The Centre for Research and Development, was Inaugurated on 27.02.2013 by Dr.G.Koteswara Prasad, Registrar i/c, Dean, Research, University of Madras.
- Inauguration of Research Wing in our college library Inaugurated by Dr.S.Gopalakrishnan, Senior Librarian, M.I.T. Anna University on 12.07.2013.
- An interactive session on “Application of Statistics in Research”.
- An interactive programme for students ‘Capacity Building & Personality Development’.
- A special interactive session on ‘Introduction to Research’.
- An Interactive Session on Research related activities such as Review of Literature, usage of Statistical tools, Research Design, Collection and Analysis of data
- A one day workshop for teachers on ‘Professional Skills and Power Initiative’.